Friday, November 5, 2010

Village of Shakers

.   
Shaker village is one (of the many) popular historical sites around lexington.  This last weekend my husband and I decided to make it our photo shoot site...I know I know, it sounds so vain and to make matters worse we took 150 photos of nothing but ourselves.  For a good cause though, we are going to use one of the as a pictures as our Christmas photo (I hope)
This is the shaker tree of life, they had conflicting opinions as to what happened between adam and eve in the garden, among other things, what type of fruit they ate, as you can see they compramised with a tree that bears two kinds of fruit.  Was it the granny smith apple? or the Red delicious?





This was taken in the merry feilds were Im sure many a shaker child frolicked, played and toiled for food.
 

Add caption
      

This was taken by the Shaker Inn were there is an amazing swing that we found, (Im determined to have one of these someday at my house someday...maybe even a couple).

Do we look as happy as the original shakers?

2 comments:

  1. AHHH you have a blog! I didn't even know until you posted a comment on mine. This makes me very happy...My plan to get all my friends to start blogs is working out brilliantly :)

    Cute pics!

    And that pumpkin crisp dessert sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute pictures! You all look way happier than those shakers.

    ReplyDelete