Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Holiday Pet Peeve



Confession: Today I participated in one of my largest Pet Peeves...I bought Christmas items before Thanksgiving.
Vent: I do not understand what happened to the old way of Christmas. The excitement of waiting till after Thanksgiving to put your Christmas tree up, to listen to music, and how the shops all somehow magically come to life with Santa displays, elves in workshops, Nativities and Christmas carolers on street corners.  Now to be politically correct Santa and Nativities are extinct from Christmas displays, Christmas is not allowed to be used to appease the small sum of people who think it is wrong to extract "Christ" from "Christmas" and to make matters worse we are bombarded by Christmas displays the day after Halloween, so now instead of Christmas being a holiday, it is a season coming about the same time that cold weather hits and lasting till shops no longer think they can lure innocent customers in to buy items with large "holiday bows"
I mean I can tell you who I'm going to give my money to.

I would like to stop all the Scrooges in our country that are trying to take the spirit out of Christmas.  I think you need three ghosts to come visit you to show you the light!

2 comments:

  1. First, I totally agree with you, Caris! And second, what type of Christmas item did you buy so early? I might excuse you if it was to stop certain nightmares ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caris First comment from me! haha love you, but you forgot putting up the tree with family drinking peppermint hot chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete